Thursday, January 30, 2014

Week 5 Weigh-In

238 lbs

I'm down three pounds for the week - moving in the right direction!  I'm starting to notice my clothes are baggier, and people at work are starting to notice some changes.  At my group tonight we talked about nutrition, and the leader said something that stuck with me.  She said that fat is stored energy that is waiting to be expended.  Stored energy.  I never thought about it that way and I guess it makes a clearer picture of what happens when I consume more calories than I burn.

Today was my youngest son's birthday - so I cooked his favorite foods including pancakes and lasagna.  We also bought dozens of cupcakes for his class and for the snack after his soccer game.  A day full of temptations, but I survived.  Have a great day/night wherever you are in the world!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You've nearly lost 20 pounds so far!! That's amazing. You're doing great work. Your attitude is wonderful. Well done on surviving the temptations. Every time you do that you get stronger and stronger! Way to go. :-)

happyinca said...

Thanks Caitlin! I appreciate your support.

Anonymous said...

You are doing the work! Keep it up!

happyinca said...

Thanks for your encouragement Colleen!