Monday, January 6, 2014

Resistance

I haven't even started fasting yet, but I'm already struggling with resistance.  My only Optifast job this week is to log my meals. It's a familiar feeling for me -  I know what I'm suppose to do but just keep putting it off.  Then that feeling of dread is mixed with guilt.  It reminds me of the Switchfoot song that talks about the war between "how it is and how it should be" and "who you are and who you could be".
Why do I do it?  I wonder if I'm afraid to acknowledge and take ownership of my diet, or if I'm resisting for other reasons.  It is something I need to think about over the course of the next few months.  There is also the issue of integrating a new habit and discipline into my life.  It is almost a "before" and "after" maintenance challenge.  Hopefully when I'm through with the fast, I will have worked out this self-imposed obstacle.

Time to get focused and get caught up.  If I'm going to be successful, I need to jump all of these hurdles and stay on track without falling on my face.  Resistance is futile.  I want to push through it and not let it derail my goals and dreams.  I'm thinking about kayaking, cute clothes, lower cholesterol, more energy, outdoor fun, fitting comfortably into an airplane seat. Okay, now it is time to get off of this computer and face the music.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say hi and offer some encouragement! I've just started a blog too, so I'm definitely keen to meet others doing the same! I'm doing Optifast but I'm in Australia and ours is a little different. We have 3 shakes + some veggies, and no meetings/optifast doctors etc - I wish we did!

Having read through a bunch of blogs, I'm sure we face some of the same issues. And I'm here to support you on your journey! You can do it. Often the first step is the hardest. But once you get on a roll it will get easier!

Good luck! I'll check on you soon! :-)

http://wilandwig.blogspot.com.au/

happyinca said...

Thanks for stopping by, Cait and offering your encouragement! I'll check out your blog as well and look forward to following your exciting experience on Optifast.