Thursday, April 17, 2014

My First Glimpse of Onederland!

Even though my blog weight comes from my Optifast weigh-in (tonight), I just had to share my elation when I stepped on the scale this morning (undies only, of course) and saw the most beautiful number:  199.8 lbs.  The last time I was at this weight was before I became pregnant with my first son in 1998!

I have to say that the last time I saw this weight, I wasn't happy.  I was at the doorstep of 200 lbs., and a frantic burn-out of Weight Watchers (exchanges, not points), Nutri System (in the clinic), Slim Fast (powder, of course).  Susan Powter (remember the screaming woman with short spiky hair?) was on the tube screaming that I could eat a laundry basket full of bread and as long as I didn't put butter on them, I would still lose weight - Fat Makes You Fat!  Richard Simmons was Sweatin' to the Oldies and Dealing A Meal.  Those were the days, my friend.

But here I am today, older and hopefully wiser. Happy as I can be to see a "1" in the first digit, if only for a fleeting moment.  In this moment I am very thankful that I didn't give up and decide to quit trying to lose weight.  I tried many more programs after the ones listed above, and I can't predict that what I'm doing now is going to last forever.  The point is, I only know this moment in time, and I'm going to take a second to smile, thank God, and feel hopeful.


No comments: