Thursday, May 1, 2014

Week 18 Weigh-In - Onederland!

199 lbs - Officially under 200!

I think it's ironic that I spent a good part of the week thinking about eating, because we talked about that during our Optifast class today.  It looks like the next stage - transition - will be low carb, higher protein/veggies.  Concern over leaving ketosis has been a strong driver in keeping me true to my diet.  I will try to transfer this motivator over to my maintenance eating plan.  I really don't want to revisit the cravings and hunger that I was living with before the fast - though I'm sure I will need to.  I'm still going to consider a low carb/high fat diet, but if I'm satisfied on the eating plan outlined at my clinic, then I'll just keep it up.

Life is getting pretty emotional at work.  I'm working like crazy to prepare the way for whoever takes my place when I leave, while also helping students find jobs after college.  One of my biggest challenges is cleaning up and organizing my computer files so that the next person can find what they need, and access archival material easily.  I also confess that I don't want to show them how disorganized I have always been!  I'm compiling a guide explaining what I do and when I do it, and who to contact for things.  I've done this for every job I've left, and I know it's a nice thing to provide for the new person.

It has been very touching to hear the kind words from students and colleagues, when they drop by to acknowledge my leaving.   It has been a rewarding career for me, and in my time in this position, I've met some wonderful people.  I will miss them!  My last day will be May 23rd, and after that, it's on to a new adventure that isn't quite clear to me, but will hopefully be more conducive to a healthier life.  I'm going to have this new emerging body, and sense of self.  I'm excited!




4 comments:

Kathy said...

You sound so positive and happy. Congrats on all your success! I know you'll do great after transitioning back to food.

happyinca said...

Thanks Kathy. I am feeling good these days and am so happy that I started this program!

Unknown said...

Congrats on Onederland! You've worked so hard! Well done!

I love that you are looking forward to the next adventure! As Kathy said, you really do sound so positive! It's wonderful to hear. :-)

happyinca said...

Thanks Caitlin!