Thursday, May 22, 2014

Week 21 Weigh-In and a Quick Status

192 lbs

I had a small loss this week, but I have to say that it wasn't my best self-care week overall.  For several days now (since the fires), I haven't slept very well.  On Monday my youngest son had a sudden seizure and we were in the ER for quite some time, and it was very stressful.  He had a seizure a couple of years ago, so when it happened again, I recognized what was going on and I remained calm.  Unfortunately my husband was travelling and so all of this happened when I was flying solo.  Luckily my little guy is doing better, and he will go in for tests next week.  I hope that they find out what is going on this time around.

Since last week's fires, I also haven't been back to the gym.  I know this isn't good, and I'm feeling the effects of the stress without that wonderful physical outlet (developed a wicked cold sore on my lip.)   I did join the YMCA near my home, so this weekend, my goal is to get one workout in, and then start working out next week at least 3 times.  The good news is that my last day of work is tomorrow -- yippee!  So now I have a clean slate to establish a new exercise routine.

It's precisely during these life changes and ups and downs when I need to get really, really focused on my health goals.  I'm seeing how easy it is to let exercise fall by the wayside in the face of fatigue, stress and changes in routine.  For some reason, my water intake tapered off as well.  These are duly noted behavior changes.  I'm just going to get back into the swing of things.

Finally, I started a new Optifast group tonight, and they seem like a nice bunch.  I look forward to getting to know them, and learning from their experiences too.  Some of the class might be a repeat of what I did last time, but I'm changing on the inside as well as the outside, and I'm sure my way of approaching challenges and memories have evolved.


No comments: