Thursday, June 5, 2014

Week 23 Weigh-In

183.5 lbs

I'm just going to do a quick check-in.  I was very happy with the loss this week, since I had to face temptation to eat during the stress.   It's nice when you get rewarded for making the right choices.  That doesn't always happen, of course.  I'm on program every week, and one week I will have a 1 pound loss and another will be 2.5 pounds.  I even lost zero pounds once.  Go figure.  Anyway, I'm really thrilled!  I'm closing in on the 75 pound milestone, and I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm thinking of starting my Progressive Food Encounters (PFE's) at about 155 lbs.

Speaking of milestones, since summer is here, I wore a sleeveless sun dress for most of the day.  My arms aren't pretty, and they do show signs of loose skin, but most of the time it doesn't look too bad, and it's a great feeling to let my skin breathe.

Tomorrow I head out of town and will be packing my shake packets and shaker bottles.  Since I'll be by myself, there shouldn't be any problems with temptations.  I love setting my phone alarm to remind me to drink.

I enjoyed my group tonight.  Even though I've gone through today's exercise before, I'm learning a lot from the new group members and their insights.  We talked about ways to cope with stress, so it was very relevant to my current situation.  The class reminded me to take some time out for brief meditation.  It doesn't take a long time to reach a relaxed state.  I'll need to try and incorporate this more into my daily routine.  Good night!


No comments: