Thursday, February 13, 2014

Week 7 Weigh-In

230.5

Tonight's weigh-in represents a big health milestone.  I've officially lost 10% of my starting weight.  It brings with it lots of health benefits.   My blood pressure is down to normal, my bum Achilles tendon is feeling much better, I have more of a spring in my step, and I'm not suffering anymore from sciatica when I walk down the hall.

I owe this to my body, which has put up with years of abuse and kept on functioning despite it.  I've decided that my body deserves better treatment.  It deserves to be nourished properly, exercised, taken in for check-ups now and then.  For year's it's been telling me how much it suffers, and I wasn't listening.  I'm listening now, and determined to give it the life that allows it to thrive, and in return, allows me to thrive.  There is a lot I want to do, and I can't do any of it if my body isn't feeling well.

I'm so glad that I didn't give up on losing weight.  At my age, I was in a situation where if it went on any longer, my body just wouldn't be able to sustain my weight without serious health repercussions.  Optifast isn't a magic bullet to weight loss.  It's incredibly effective and the impact on my health has been very, positive.  The real work will happen when I transition to food, but I'm going to be patient and try and learn as much as possible about controlling emotional eating, and showing my body the care it deserves.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a major milestone. You are doing so well! Keep it up!

happyinca said...

Thank you so much Caitlin!

Anonymous said...

That's great! Good job! I've been reading your blog for a couple weeks. I just finished my 1st week of Optifast and weighed in 6.2 pounds lighter. I'm pretty happy today. Thanks for writing your blog! It is helping me to know others are working the program too. :-) Amanda

happyinca said...

Hi Amanda- 6.2 is fantastic! So glad that you stopped by to read my blog. Keep me posted on how you're doing- I wish you the very best. Christy

Anonymous said...

Thanks Christy! I weigh in tomorrow and I'm looking forward to see what the scale says. How is your week going? Hope you are doing well! Amanda

happyinca said...

Hi Amanda, I'm having a very good week and I'm feeling determined to stay on program and ride it out. I weigh in Thursday. Best of luck to you at your weigh-in!