Wednesday, February 4, 2015

New Blog Name and Fresh Look

I mentioned in my last post that I was contemplating changing the name of my blog to better represent my current life experience.  It wasn't easy to find a new and original blog name that describes my life as a person trying to maintain a significant weight loss and build a new life as a fit, healthier gal.  Closer to Fit is what I landed on, after much deliberation.  It reminds me of one of my favorite songs, "Closer to Fine" by the Indigo Girls.

The colors may change every now and then, but the context of this blog will stay the same.  It's just about me, trying to establish a life of healthy balance with food and exercise.  I try and share my honest experiences, even those that are not perfect and on-program.  Writing this blog as been a wonderful part of my adventure in weight loss, and it will continue to be an important tool for me.

I hope that you find it validating, and sometimes interesting.  As always, I'm thrilled to get your comments and have appreciated all those who have supported me for the past year.

Cheers,
Christy

P.S.  For those kind souls who have linked to my blog from yours:  The name of this blog might not change automatically in your blog rolls, so if possible, would you manually change it in your layout?  I appreciate your willingness to help me through this transition.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to change my link to you, now. :)

Congrats on the new name, great choice!

happyinca said...

Thank you for the link and for taking the time to change the name! :-)

Unknown said...

Wow- found your story looking for help as I white knuckled thru week 1 (feb 2 start) of an optifast type plan, and found so much more! I read all of 2014 in one night and I am excited to see how your 2015 blooms and grows. Keep up the fine work and the half marathons!

Gwen said...

Added you, and happy to get to know you Christy! :) Congrats on all of your success already! :)

happyinca said...

Kim, I'm sending lots of positive energy your way! You can do this, and it is the start of a wonderful, amazing adventure! I'm glad I can be a part of it, and please keep me posted on how you're doing.

happyinca said...

Gwen, thank you so much for the add to your wonderful blog. I've learned a lot from you and enjoy making it a part of my regular reading!